You may be looking at my title and wondering huh? Well this past weekend our church youth studio 412 ministry held a weekend for the girls 7th through 12th grade. The weekend is called "String of Pearls" and the theme this year was Masquerade. During the course of a day and into the night the girls come together through a series of group discussions, quiet times, and worship to focus on their relationship with God, drawing closer to him, examining their life, and also building those important friendships with other girls. I am positive there was much giggling, pillow fighting and just craziness as much as there was crying.
I say crying because on Saturday evening many women of the church came together and participated in something called cardboard testimonies. Below you will see the cardboard testimonies from another church. I have never seen this before but let me tell you you will ball like a baby. And if you don't cry well then there is just something wrong with you ha ha!! Go to the link below and take a look. What are you dealing with or have delt with and the Lord has turned it around. I would love to hear. My testimony would read something like this
Front: Selfish, Rebellious Teenager that controlled my own life
Back: Now Jesus is the Lamp unto my Feet and the Light unto my Path
I also say crying because a question that stuck with me was "What mask are you hiding behind and are you willing to lay it at the foot of the cross and let God take control?" YIKES!!! We all have one mask or many that we hide behind whether it be anger, selfishness, a hard past, home situation, going through the motions, weekend Christain,I think you get it. But are you willing to take that mask off and give it to the Lord and let him guide you? Are you willing to take off that mask and expose your heart and become vulnerable and let him begin a work in you? It will not go away over night but with much prayer and sometimes many tears those mask will be taken away!!! I do not know about you but I am so thankful that I have a heavenly father that cares so much for me that he sent his son to die and take away my SIN and take away my MASK.
1.2 Corinthians 3:18
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.



I really liked this post. I had not heard of the cardboard testimonies before the girls' retreat.
ReplyDelete