When I first think of Valentine's Day I think of one verse. If you go to church one time or hundreds you have heard this verse and probably know it by HEART. This is probably one of the first verses you memorized as a child and now you are helping your children learn. I am so humbled to think that God loved me so much that he sent his son to die on the cross so that I can be forgiven and one day join him in Heaven!! WOW what amazing LOVE and the best thing is that it is a free gift. You just have to receive it!! If you want to know how just ask me.
BibleGateway.com: "John 3:16 (New International Version)
16'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
I also think of five very special Valentine's close to my heart.

Katelyn is my fun loving 13 year old. She loves school, church, and sports. She can always make me laugh and has grown so much in grace and beauty over these last 13 years (soon to be 14 Drivers Permit) scary!! She is an absolute joy to be around and knows how to make me smile. I am so proud of her and the young lady she is becoming. I also love watching her relationship with Jesus grow.

Emily is my quiet, shy but my quick witted 9 year old soon to be 10. She acts, walks, talks just like her dad(not always a good thing ha ha). She loves to dance and hopes one day to be a ballerina and decorate cakes. I love her freckles and sweet smile. I have had so much fun watching her personality shine through and can't wait to see what the the Lord has in store for her.

Next is my sweet, energetic, Alexis. Alexis has a very caring personality and is the little mom in the house. She is always making sure everyone is well taken care of especially her little brother Mason (lovingly called Buddy to her). She loves to dance, sing sing sing, and play basketball. Vary rarely do you find her without an ipod in her ear or playing Disney sing it.!!( I actually caught her in bed asleep with her ipod) ha ha I can see the possibility of a future American Idol with this one or maybe a nurse.

And here is every ones little "buddy" Mason who is the baby of the group. I keep telling his sisters that one day he will get them back for all the playing dress up and shutting him in closets but they just don't believe me. Mason is such a sweet sensitive guy with a funny personality. Look out teachers I am afraid to say he may be the next class clown. He can always make us laugh even when anyone in the house is in a bad mood. We thought we were done having children and then I guess God thought otherwise and gave us Mason. Boys are definitely different but FUN!! Not sure what direction this one is going yet. But he loves baseball!!!
I can not imagine my life without any of my kiddos. I would never have guessed my life as it is now. Although I go crazy driving my kids to school, and other activities it is all worth it and each and everyday I thank God for such a wonderful family. With that said I saved the best for last and that would be my wonderful husband of 11 years Travis.

God certainly knew what I needed in a husband. Travis is my rock and the spiritual leader of our house. I could not have asked for a better husband and aside from Jesus He is my very very very best VALENTINE!! I mean really he folds the laundry, does the dishes, and cleans up after the kids get sick. Sure we get irritated with each other but I think I got a good one and he's MY VALENTINE!!



Yay! I am so glad that you have a blog!
ReplyDelete