Since I am not going to decorate the house yet I have decided to update the blog. The pictures above are from 2009 and 2008. I treasure these pictures because I know I do not have much longer before my children will refuse to match. So every year I buy the kids matching pj's and as much as they may not like it I will NEVER not stop. It is just one of the traditions I started. I keep telling myself they love the pj's. I take a picture of all my kids together and each year I add a new picture around the house. I have about 20 frames now. I love looking at how they have grown and changed over the years. My mom and I bought pj's last year.(picture to come)I love Christmas

I love the silly pictures.. Have fun taking pictures during the holidays.. the goofey ones are the BEST

Nana & Papa with the Kids (I will have to work on Papa's matching Pj's)
With all the running around trying to pick out the perfect gift and make sure I look right for all the parties the most important thing about Christmas is CHRIST. Every year we teach the kids that while Christmas is a fun holiday the true meaning is Christ Jesus birth. God Sent his son to be born to a virgin Mary so that one day he would die on the cross to save you and I. And he did just that!!
.
See why I love my home at Christmas!!!!!!!
We have a nativity and a bible on our coffee table as a reminder that Christ is the center of our home and to slow down and make sure we are spending time with him daily. And every Christmas Eve before we open gifts we go to the candle light lord's supper at church and then come home and read the Christmas story as I call it out of the Bible. As the kids have grown and started reading each one has taken their role in reading from the Bible each Christmas. This another tradition my parents past to me and I hope my children carry on every Christmas. I would love to hear about some other traditions you have in your home for the holidays and I am hoping to share more of mine over the next few weeks. I would also love to see some of your decorations.

Travis Reading from the Bible
Ok Happy Decorating everyone... Husbands get the decorations out of the attic and then get out of the way!!!!! yeah!!!!!!



Nana is not going to be happy about being posted on the internet. Just sayin'.
ReplyDelete